Make the most of London Wine Week 2019Monday 29 April 2019 by Kayleigh Little This year, London Wine Week runs from the 13th – 19th May, and luckily for you we’ve got the low-down on how (and where) you can make the most of it.
They say you shouldn’t mix business with pleasure, but that isn’t always the case. Especially when it comes to wine, as introducing clients to a good bottle of red or enjoying a crisp white during a warm evening in London can definitely help to improve working relations and impress contacts.
Unlocking the festival
Getting involved in London Wine Week means getting hold of a festival pass, and for the first time ever the festival passes for this year’s London Wine Week are free! This gives you even more reason to get involved. You can download your free digital pass online here.
These passes let you take advantage all of the fantastic deals on offer which include discounted wines, food-pairing events, masterclasses and access to the £6 wine flights at a range of venues across London.
One of the main features of London Wine Week are the £6 flights. Try three incredible wines at a fraction of the price they would normally command when using your free digital pass. Featuring wines from prestigious vineyards in France, Portugal, Chile and Australia it’s a great way to get chatting with your clients about their various merits. Since bars all across the capital are getting involved, you can make your way to a venue not far from your offices.
Photo credit: @flatironsquare_
Flat Iron Square hub
As well as events happening all over London, you can head down to the London Wine Week hub in Flat Iron Square. It’s likely to be the ultimate pit stop during the festival thanks to its array of pop-up wine bars, street food and DJs. We also predict that this will be a particularly popular venue if the weather is good - but whatever the climate is doing, a glass of British fizz will definitely go down well.
Bedales at Spitalfields. Photo credit: @spitalfieldse1
Venues in The City
If you’re looking for a venue in The City that’s taking part in London Wine Week, consult this handy list of some of the best:
- The Amicable Society of Lazy Ballerinas – Beautiful wine bar on Fleet Street featuring marbles walls and velvet seating.
- Arthur Hooper’s – Modern wine bar and restaurant which takes inspiration from the intricacies of Borough Market.
- Bedales at Spitalfields – With a huge variety of over 400 wines, this bar in Spitalfields will have something to suit everyone.
- Boot & Flogger – A hidden gem just a short walk from London Bridge which holds the title of London’s first real wine bar, having been opened in 1964.
- El Vino London Bridge – Wine bar on London Bridge featuring stunning floor to ceiling windows and terraces as well as an extensive international wine list.
- High Timber Restaurant – Enjoy a taste of South Africa from the sun drenched terrace overlooking the stunning River Thames.
- Sager + Wilde Paradise Row – A unique venue situated within the railway arches, featuring an innovative cocktail list as well as an array of wines.
- Stoke House – Modern British smokehouse located in the Nova building with far more to explore than just meat.
- The Lighterman – Stylish bar set in the heart of Granary Square which boasts a huge roof terrace and stunning views over the canal.
- Wright Brothers Spitalfields – A vibrant bar where you can enjoy a selection of wine as well as £1 oysters from 3pm-6pm every day.
Things To Do On August Bank Holiday 2019 In Your City 20 August 2019
Your Guide To The Best Ice Cream in the UK 19 July 2019
Top 10 UK summer festivals and events 10 July 2019
Guide to the London Marathon 2019 12 April 2019
London’s most Instagrammable cocktail bars 20 March 2019